Saturday, September 10, 2005

Craving Satisfied

Interestingly enough, now that I've been home to A2, and had my personal tour of the law school, my mind seems to have been freed up a bit to start considering other law schools. Gasp!

Crazy for me, I know. I took a tour of Penn last summer when I was visiting my friend in Philly, and I of course have access to other law schools around here if I want to get the full spectrum of different campus lives. There ARE other schools out there, and though I do love Umich so, I still have to recognize that other places will afford me other opportunities. It is something to seriously think about.

Its just that its a different thought process for me. I usually have single minded determination, in that I pick a goal and work towards it. For instance, I only applied to 2 undergraduate schools, and 1 graduate school. I got into them all. This is a tactic that has worked well for me in the past. Another example, years ago I set my sights on working for particular companies (Accenture, PeopleSoft) and have now achieved those goals as well. However, I suppose though that I could adhere to the commonly held belief of scattering your net wide, and seeing what you come back with, at least when it comes to law schools.

Just visiting the Umich campus was good for me because it got the burr out of my side. (The burr is still riding along with me, its just not poking me in the side anymore) I have now started to notice the other great campuses out there beckoning me with their shiny pamphlets and constantly reminding emails. Yes, this law journey of mine is an interesting one, in more ways than I would have thought.

No comments: