Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I Made My Decision

As I eventually decided and responded to Umich, due in part to the disadvantages of applying at the end of the cycle, I have indeed decided to wait for Fall 2007 to apply for admission to the Law School. This means taking the June 2006 administration of the test, which I am extremely optimistic about.

Though I had pushed back my LSAT test date to February, I must admit that I didn't do any studying until a week out. The demands on my time in other areas of my life just weren't allowing for it, and so yes while applying late in the game isn't too advantageous, applying with a weaker score than you are capable of is even less advantageous. So while I improved my "non-studying" baseline score by 6 pts in 2 days by taking a few tests to reorient myself, I really want to improve another 10 points to get the score I want to apply with. I'm confident I'll reach that extra 10 pts before the June administration, and I'll feel better about allowing myself these next few months as time that I didn't give myself before in order to write personal statements, complete applications, and get a move on gathering those already promised stellar letters of recommendation.

No comments: