Tuesday, February 21, 2006

180

I heard good things about Kaplan LSAT 180, so since I have just under 4 months still till the test, I'm considering adding it to my study schedule (2 Powerscore Bibles, and official LSAT tests). I've heard not to switch to using their games strategies after learning the Powerscore ones though. I'll just go with whatever works best for me, and if its a combination of the two, or neither, so be it.

Mostly I'm interested in getting more question types to work on since I only have The Next 10 book and am deciding whether to buy the previous edition for 10 more practice tests or not. I think I'll go to Barnes and Noble today (wish there was a Borders nearby since it was founded in my hometown, but alas its miles and miles away, while B&N is just down the block!) and thumb through the 180 book to see if I buy it for the explanations behind the problems, or just more tests.

But since Kaplan tests are only based on actual LSATs, I'm dubious as to the actual value of studying with their materials. Everyone keeps saying there's no substitute for actual LSAT exams, and there's a lot of logic to that. Maybe I'll just pick up another 10 tests afterall.

-----------------

After a helpful reality check, I've of course decided to work on more practice exams instead of the Kaplan book. I'm sure the Kaplan book is a great tool and people have learned a lot from it. However the real LSAT tests are what you need to master, so the more time spent with them the better.

Sometimes you just have to take a step back from all of this and let others help you to pull your wits about you again!

No comments: